I want to enact real change, and I will bring communities and residents back into the role of working together with our Police force. Nicky Massey
Safety and policing with local communities with Nicky Massey
Nicky Massey is a Lead Councillor on Community Safety in Cambridge and part of Cambridgeshire’s Police and Crime Panel. She’s standing to be the next Police & Crime Commissioner
I want to enact real change, and I will bring communities and residents back into the role of working together with our Police force. My priorities:
- Police numbers back up to full strength
- Empower victims of any kind of abuse to report it and know that they will be properly supported.
- Enable more people to report all the types of domestic abuse.
- Focus on the real causes of increasing youth violence and knife crime. Turn around the 13% increase in knife crime locally.
- Investigate “high”crime areas and work together to help make them happier and safer places to be.
- Proper funding for Community Safety Partnerships to help fix local issues.
- Stamping out hate crime through better community cohesion.
As your Commissioner I would be the voice of the community.