Labour is now part of the ruling group at the County Council.
We’re part of a ‘rainbow coalition’. We’ve stuck to our principles and will be delivering One Cambridgeshire – Fair for All.
- New powers for anti-poverty.
- Set the County’s Net Zero target to 2030.
- A Covid recovery plan.
- Implement the Real Living Wage.
- End privatisation and commit to bringing services back in-house.
- New funds for nursery schools, family centres, youth centres and special needs education.
- Early intervention in adult social services. Independent living for people with disabilities and ‘health for all’.
The Council will work with the new Labour Mayor Dr. Nik Johnson. This will deliver a greener and fairer economy. It will bring an end to transport poverty and build better infrastructure.
Labour’s Elisa Meschini is now the Deputy Leader of the Council. We chair committees responsible for 80% of the authority’s budget.
Labour has ensured an end to Tory control, which Cambridgeshire has suffered for 20 of the last 24 years.
We know that with control comes responsibility. We will fight for resources, but will be subject to under-funding from the Tory Government. We have nine enthusiastic and talented Labour councillors who are ready for the task.